Friday, October 25, 2013

Random Recollections - An Afternoon with Esther

I had a very busy fun-filled Summer with many adventures worth blogging about.
And since I can't remember everything in perfect order, I figured the best way to share would be to just recall things at random when inspiration hits. :)

 Today I'm remembering an Sunday afternoon with my dear friend, Esther Dodd. She's fun, cheerful, mischievous. My favorite kind. ;)
After church we headed out to eat a scrumptious lunch at Olive Garden. SO good! We both got the soup and salad meal and enjoyed it immensely. She told me all about her trip to Africa (which you can read about here) and then we caught up on everything with each other.

After we finished eating we got the bill and with a pretty smile she said, "My treat!" I argued for a bit but then decided I could settle score with buying us something sweet later on.

We headed to a park to chill in the wonderful weather and continue our chatting. The day was seriously epic and I could have sat in that beautiful sunshiny mountain air for decades. We talked and talked then laid back to just enjoy the nature around us. I had really dressed up and the afternoon sun was reminding me more and more as each minutes went on. However, all my clothes were in the states and it wasn't really worth crossing the border and back for a shirt. Esther and I had just decided to go to her place to change when we sat up and behold! Someone we knew? Ah HA! It turns out more young people had decided to come to the park to hang out and play some volleyball. We said hello and then Esther and I went We stopped at the
Weirdest/coolest store ever. I guess like a Super Target - Canadian style? Anyways we had no trouble finding something modest, cute, and affordable. We got matching shirts and wore them proudly. :) Hehe.


We went back to the park and hung out for a while. Then we decided to head to the states. Beautiful weather, windows down, music on, singing. It was a blast. To finish the day off Sis Joy said Esther could stay the night with me. Ah, the fun continued.
I seriously had an amazing time with her. She's so fun and sweet and AH! I love her to pieces. 
Can't wait to see her in a couple of months! <3


2 comments:

  1. Aww!!! That was an awesome day!!! Can't wait to see you soon :) and I will send you the link for my africa blog on the 5th or 6th so that this post will make sense :) love you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elena, Im suprized you haven't posted anything yet, while you've been at naomi's. you were on the laptop all day at our house! From,Anna Grace Cobb....

    ReplyDelete