Friday, October 5, 2012

Birthday Cakes of October

So my nephew and niece had their birthdays last month but we are celebrating tonight! :D

Here are the cakes!

Three year old Autumn's Hello Kitty:

The cake is strawberry lemonade. I used a rectangle glass pan and just cut out the round shape of her head, then with the corners left over I made the ears and bow.

The eyes are special dark chocolate melted down, shaped then frozen to save the shape. :) The whiskers are straws covered in the same chocolate as the eyes. :)

For frosting it's a light vanilla spread. I made some frosting from my head then added a container of Coolwhip. It just just made it light and fluffy-ish.

The bow and nose used simply the same frosting, just colored with red foodcoloring. :)



Thirteen year old Isaac's Prowling Gator:

I wasn't sure what to make for Isaac, him being a teenager now and all. I thought of a guitar maybe, but to be honest, the idea of all that complecatedness scared me!! 0__o

So then I remembered how he's a huge fan of the Florida Gators so LIGHTBULB! I didn't really think I'd do a Gators cake but I thought I'd just browse online to see what they had out there. I found a really cute website with a bunch of cakes people had shared and I looked through. It was nice. But mom's the one who thought this idea was a good one. 

Now the original was a cartoon gator. We went for a more realistic touch though. 

The cupcakes are chocolate, and the frosting is Hello Kitty's leftovers glorified and colored.

You may have to use your imagination to see this so I've put an actual picture of a gator in the water so you can maybe relate the two better. 

Behold, real gator.

This jokers got some CREEEEPY eyes. 0__o

Behold, cupcake version.

See? 
blue cupcake = water
green cupcake = gator
It's got eyes and nostrils too...
See it?
No? Maybe?
LOOK HARDER! 
-____-


Hehehe! Anyways, that's what I've been up to lately so...YEAH!
I'll post again soon. :)

1 comment:

  1. great job on the cakes! that hello kitty one looks delicious :)

    ReplyDelete