Thursday, September 5, 2013

Wheat Challenge

Hello my faithful readers! Am I doing better on posting? I'm trying my hardest. ;)

Ok so after my fun summer of naughty eating I'm back home and starting up healthy meals again. This afternoon I made a REEEALLY good one. 

My first time trying spaghetti squash and trying to cut the thing in half was quite the experience. I tried about four knives before finally finding one that SORT OF worked. Who knew a veggie could be so hard??
I managed to get it cut and in the oven. Then while I waited the 30 minutes for it to cook, I sautéed some onion, yellow squash, and broccoli. I only let them just become tender in olive oil and garlic salt and parsley. I wanted that "crunch" to still be there. Haha.

The squash came out of the oven and I had a great time mashing it...is that the word? It wasn't "mashed" just spaghetti-ized! :p I cooked up some ground beef and tossed everything together, adding fresh baby tomatoes cut in half. It looked really pretty actually. I sliced half an avocado for go on the side to finish the look.





I don't know about y'all but that looks SUPER to me. Haha, and it tasted even better than it looks. 
If I really take time to prepare veggies and meat in creative delicious ways, it's actually pretty easy to eat good. So I must keep motivated and not get back into the lazy "grab a sandwich" mode. Haha.

Not that sandwiches are "BAD" but they do include bread usually and grains these days are so hybrid they do nothing for you except gather in little rolls on your body. NOT cool. And not only that, they just make your body feel "ick". 
I'm making a pact to cut ALL WHEAT out of my diet. Maybe even for just a trial basis the rest of September. It will be a challenge seeing as I love yummy things like cinnamon rolls, pumpkin pie, cream-cheese danishes, Subway. Ah the list goes on.

I shall prevail the temptations though and I'll write about the differences I feel when this month is over. And I'll decide if it's worth continuing the loss. So here I go - WHEAT FREE!

2 comments:

  1. WOOOHOOO! Im so proud of ya girl :) If you ever need some inspiration, you know who to call. ;P

    ReplyDelete
  2. eww. you actually eat that stuff?!?! gross.

    this is really, jackie

    ReplyDelete