Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Settling In

July 2, 2013 (cont.)

After I got off the plane it was quite the adventure finding my luggage. It seemed everyone was in a rush to get to the baggage claim area and there were times I wondered if I was gonna get trampled. I made it safely though and stood in a crowd of people watching various bags come spinning past.

I have never seen such a fast moving baggage belt before though. People were seriously putting their lives on the line just to grab their belongings. One old man came trotting around to the side I was on, pointing at a rather large suitcase. "That one! That one's mine!!" We all kind of looked at him a second then one brave woman jumped onto the moving belt and tackled the bag. She was victorious and actually jumped to safety just in time before being knocked over to a probable death. ;) A few onlookers clapped a bit. I sighed and continued waiting for my belongings to show up, praying that when it was my turn, I wouldn't have to take such risks.

I waited and waited until there were only two bags left circling around and around. They were quite ugly actually. One was white hard case, with a with Canadian leaf on the front. It looked like it'd had gone through a terrible abusive past - all smudged with dirt and dented. The other was black material bag that looked as if it had had a few run ins with a mad cat or two. I wasn't feeling very sympathetic at the moment and after I gave them both an evil glare I marched off to see where on earth my things had gone.

There were about ten other people marching with the same determined step as myself. I followed them to another belt. We all stood around and more people showed up. Little by little that belt also became empty. I was about ready to have a cow at this point but I hid it well. The others around me.....eh, not so much. We all marched back over to the first belt and waited. More bags came. I stared each one down as they passed. Pink, black, red, white, tan, patterned. NONE OF THEM HAD MY DISTINCT OWL RIBBONS!!!

I was about ready to give up and go demand a free trip to the Bahama's from the airline for losing my bags but then I saw one of them. The once fast moving belt seemed to slow down to a crawl in my mind. I waited and waited and when my long lost luggage finally passed in front of me, I snatched it up and set it down on the ground with a sigh of relief. One down, one to go.

Ten minutes later, I was reunited with BOTH my suitcases and suddenly I had need of the washroom. Oh great. Tiny airport stalls and two gigantic suitcases. What was I to do? Thankfully there was an empty handicap one available and I managed to fit everything inside. After my long morning I kind of wanted to hide in there a while and I almost did after seeing myself in the mirror. I had one word.

Whoa.

Whoa as in....What-Happened-To-You-Whoa. Yeah, it was kinda scary. At least I knew I wouldn't have to worry about anyone wanting to talk to me. I only hoped Sis Joy Hayes wouldn't be terrified at my appearance. OH! Yes, I realized she was due any second and I must get out of the airport and be waiting for her.

Out the big sliding doors I went and immediately was greeted by the beautiful Washington air. I found a place to stand and wait and then just closed my eyes do drink in a deep breath of the air. Cool and refreshing. I opened my eyes and Sis Joy came pulling up. After a quick greeting, to we loaded up and headed north. I was very talkative I'm afraid but she didn't seem to mind. We had a wonderful visit and stopped for some lunch a little bit up the road at Olive Garden. It was great to just sit and relax over a good meal.

We stopped at a shopping outlet and looked around a bit. So many cute things at amazing prices but I wouldn't allow myself anything. Haha, I'd done enough shopping a few days before for this trip and I didn't need any more clothes! After we were done there, we headed home and on the way I almost fell asleep. I probably would have if not for my eyes being glued to the beautiful distant mountains.

We pulled into the drive and Jingo, my buddy, came running out to meet us. In the garage I opened my door and he attacked me. Trying to jump into my lap and kiss me. In his scramble he managed to knock my phone out of my lap and onto the floor. It scattered into three pieces. Front. Back. Battery.
Silly dog! I got out of the car and knelt to the ground so he wouldn't have to jump anymore. He practically sat in my lap and it was quite the job trying to stand up again. :p

Now the Hayes have one of the most beautiful houses I've ever been too. Sis Joy actually runs a Bed and Breakfast there and if any of my viewers are wanting a beautiful place to stay then I HIGHLY recommend Blackberry Trails. Check the website out, eh? Sis Joy is an amazing hostess and will make you feel more than welcome anytime. :)





This is the everyday view from all the front windows of the house. <3


So after I got my stuff in my room, I took a shower then crashed for a few hours before church. It was a wonderful sleep. The bed was big and fluffy and I was surrounded by feather pillows and a feather comforter. Ah, it was SO comfy that I didn't hear my phone trying to wake me up and when I finally did come to, it was almost time for church!! AHHH! I made it in time......ok, it was like three minutes after Sis Joy was ready but still. For the little bit of time I had, I did pretty good. Hair done, clothes pressed, bible, purse, passport. Yes, very good.

I was super shy and nervous about seeing everyone. At the border line-up I was thinking how all my friends didn't even know me anymore and I'd have to try to and talk to them and they wouldn't want to talk to me.
I got to church and we went right into the sanctuary. I walked in and went to my usual seat, with the Frey family. (Well, actually only with Sis Kim and Caleb since Nicole was gone) Shyness left me for a moment. Caleb gave me a nod of greeting then when I smiled at him he rolled his eyes. I felt like I'd never left. Sis Kim smiled at me and I could have done a happy dance right then and there. Then I looked over to my left and saw The Beautiful Tiffany Grunert. I'll never forget her smile that moment. She looked like she was going to burst with excitement and I wished I could run over that very second and give her a big hug! I sighed and opened my bible to try to settle my thoughts.

Bro John Andes preached a wonderful message about Love. It was great but I'll admit, I had a hard time concentrating the entire time. Hahaha! When we were dismissed, I felt the shyness coming over me again - I was suddenly terrified at the thought of facing all my buddies.

HA! I never should have thought twice about reuniting with my friends. We all squealed and hugged and then talked and talked then hugged and squealed some more. :) Well, my GIRL friends did that. The guys just came said "hello", shook hands and smiled cordially. It was great to catch up with everyone.

Sis Joy and I got home late and I went straight to bed and slept amazingly, dreaming of fun times and the Hayes' chickens.

4 comments:

  1. Fun!! U didn't mention about me!!:(
    I smiled at u wen u were sitting in the pew!! lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha! Oh yeah! I remember! But don't worry. I'm gonna write all about visiting your house. :D

      Delete
  2. You're making up stories! You sat with sis joy behind my mom and dad at your first service. lol I have proof.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I distinctly remember sitting with your mom and Caleb's eyeroll!! Hahahahaha What are you talking about?!

      Delete