Monday, September 16, 2013

An Aquatic Adventure with the Mansfields

So last week I stayed a few days with Fred and Paula. A fun cute couple with a baby on the way.....MY baby.
I have dibs on the little fellow. So any locals reading this -

BACK OFF ;)
(....no, seriously....)


Anyways...moving on! So our first adventure was kayaking. I had never been and so it was an extremely exciting thing.
We started off with Paula and me in a kayak and then Fred in his own. I had a terrible time of figuring how to paddle. We seemed to be on the verge of flipping every other second...


We stopped and ate our lunch. It started raining but our sandwiches only tasted more adventurous sprinkled with the raindrops. :) I had just finished my sandwich and I looked down to see this little guy. Cutest Horseshoe Crab I'VE ever seen.


Paula held him too!!



We let the little guy go and as he swam off Fred videoed him so I figured I'd share. :)




Then I saw this baby jelly fish....yeah, wasn't gonna pick him up with my bare hands so I used my paddle. :p



We set off again switching spots. Fred joined Paula on her kayak and I went on my own. It was MUCH easier on the red kayak. Great fun! We tried to go onto a sandbar but just as we were almost there, a storm came up and we rushed to get back to the shore. THAT was interesting. Paddling into the waves, getting blown to the side, distant thunder and rain. Great cardio workout though. I was WIPED out when we finally got to shore. A minute after we were off the kayaks it dumped buckets. Paula and I ran for the bathrooms to get changed and by the time I got inside I was soaked through! Gotta love Florida downpours. :)


iPhones have some pretty cool apps. Fred had this tracking app going the whole time we kayaked so I could show y'all where we went. 
Just follow the yellow path. ;) Grey is land and the other colors I guess are for different depths of the water.


It was a very epic afternoon and I was exhausted. We all slept great that night for sure and I can't wait to go again! :)









2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a lot of fun :) How many little men do you have? You keep claiming all mine and you have ones down there in FL. Seriously girl! Make up your mind xP lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. awe... the little horse shoe crab is adorable!haha!

    jackie

    ReplyDelete